Monday, November 20, 2006

Light Grenades: leaked November 18th

The last few days have been a bit crazy, a number of unrelated things happening to me over a short period so I've not really posted my thoughts on one of my most anticipated albums of the last two years. I'll put up some first impressions of a sort, it's the closest I'll get to ever writing a review of an Incubus album, since it will take me a long time - say months, years - to really assess the album; for a band like Incubus it's a lot more significant how my opinions change about songs or become more concrete and so I can never presume to write some definite critique of their music. With other bands it's a lot easier, and I will be writing a bunch of mini-reviews of the music I've been listening to this year while waiting for Light Grenades.

2 comments:

Subliminal Transmission said...

I agree with you about writing, or more like attempting to write a review for Incubus. Their music is so delicate you can't just represent it with mere words.

I know Light Grenades is gonna be the soundtrack of my life for a long while...And I'm gonna attempt to write a review on it at some point.

nabeel said...

Can't wait to read it! I have a few different posts to make first then I'll get to it myself.