Thursday, November 16, 2006

Bioshock makes Games For Windows readers' most anticipated game of 2007

I've not said a word about Bioshock, but this game was another reason for starting this blog - so that I could post up whatever news I'd find anywhere about it since I'm looking forward to it so much I scour the web for any little mention of it. As it so happens I started this up just at the end of a torrent of news of the game so there has been absolutely nothing to talk about. In fact, this is not even news, but what the hell. The first issue of Games For Windows magazine had an online poll for the top ten most anticipated games of 2007, and Bioshock tops the list - though it was a close thing with Team Fortress 2 and Spore taking up almost all the rest of the votes.

[Update]
Well I managed to find another bit of news that I'd not seen mentioned at any of my usual sources. Lead designer Ken Levine got interviewed by Major Nelson for the latter's 200th podcast. It starts at about 12 minutes if I remember correctly. It's a pretty standard interview, nothing new revealed except for an interesting thing about a possible making-of DVD or something to show how the game evolved over time. That's something I would love to see. It completely fascinates me how a game is developed and what the team goes through from beginning to end, and this is a particular game where that kind of thing would be really interesting to me especially since there's so much to it - the fact that it's being made by Irrational and also that this is the first time that they're making a game with so much support from their publisher.

No comments: