Saturday, November 18, 2006

Light Grenade leak imminent


The album being so close to release, it's inevitable that it'll leak. However, it's been strange that it hasn't already, I think it's quite interesting that it's taken so long to; a big album release is usually predated by a leak by a couple of weeks. I do know that some people have gotten hold of it though, so it could reach the p2p networks any time now.

Meanwhile, Anna Molly moves up to spot #2 on the Hot Modern Rock Tracks chart and to #16 on the Mainstream Rock Tracks chart. It will be interesting to see how it performs when it is actually released in lees than a week's time, and its promotion starts. Hopefully it'll appear on other singles charts as well and perhaps take the number 1 spot on the rock charts.

Yeah, I know I just linked to a video of the song, but there's another recording of Rogues played at the Berlin show a couple of days later up on YouTube. The song has been getting some good responses, so I'm looking forward to hearing it on the album.

More clips are popping up online, still. 60-second clips of Anna Molly, Dig and A Kiss to Send Us Off can be heard on some foreign language magazine site (page 8). Since I've heard A Kiss to Send Us Off in various live forms I didn't mind checking out the clip; I was glad that most of it was taken up by the long droning intro. What I like is that the intro riff that starts up the actual song has pretty heavily distorted guitar, reminiscent of Mike's sound in the Make Yourself and Morning View era - as opposed to the dirty overdrive sound in A Crow Left of the Murder. It fits the subsequent tripped-out part in the verses, a fitting transition that contrasts the two juxtaposing styles in the song. Brandon's voice is also on form in this song; he has been singing the song great live and the additional effect used in the background during the prechorus makes it sound a lot cooler now. I didn't even like the song as much as the others that I'd heard at that time when the first live clips of it came out, but now that I 'get' it I'm really looking forward to it.

1 comment:

Subliminal Transmission said...

Quicksand, Dig, and Love hurts are my life soundtrack so far... I love them. Awesome. Gonna try to write a review on my blog soon when I have time :)