Thursday, October 26, 2006

Incubus - Anna Molly video

Video is finally out in decent enough quality. I have to say I'm disappointed in the video, though it's not terribly bad. I find it annoying that the song is fast paced and energetic yet everything's shown in slow motion; it kills the impact of the song somewhat. That effect worked with Wish You Were Here, but it doesn't with this song. And because everything's slow hardly anything happens in the video at all. Worse still, the little storytelling that is shown has absolutely nothing to do with the lyrics or theme of the song whatsoever. It's quite irritating, because I found the attic set very cool, I had seen photos of the shoot quite a while back and was looking forward to seeing it in the video. The band sequences were pretty cool (except for the bleedin' slow motion) - I wouldn't have minded seeing a lot more of that rather than some silly plot. Big thumbs down for Jamie Thraves, he could have done a heck of a better job.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear admin, thnx for sharing this blog post. I found it wonderful. Best regards, Victoria...